Sunday, March 20, 2011

Updates Addendum


It seems that one of the big deals in my newsworthy and noteworthy topics slipped the cracks. Actually, I'm not so sure it slipped through the cracks so much as I have been in complete denial about the situation. The good side of the news is: Trail Pal and family have relocated to Seattle, an incredible city, if I say so myself. The bad side: I lost my Trail Pal. The lady who taught me about running skirts and the beauty of trail running and night running and how it's actually a really, really good idea to stay hydrated while running.


When I am back on the night trail running circuit, who will be nutty enough to lamp-up and hit the trails for 10 miles on a Friday night? Who is going to suffer through the scorching, blazing days of summer with me at our pool? Who, oh who, will brave the topsy-turvy, possibly loaded with bears 10K trail in Laurel Springs?

No, Trail Pal will never be replaced. After all, I doubt I'll ever encounter another British woman who likes to run and has two children the same age as Heath and Stella. She (and her two cuties) will be terribly missed. (I'm already thinking a trail race in Washington State next summer sounds like a mighty good time.)

Meanwhile, I am off to San Diego on Wednesday to visit my dear brother and nephews. A second trimester hurrah, if you will. I will be gone for five days. The longest I've been away from the children, ever. I'm teary just thinking about it. (And maybe a little gleeful when I think about the reading I plan to do. I need some book suggestions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages