Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby Belly

You still got that for a baby in your belly? Heath immediately inquired upon waking this morning.

Yes, I assured him. Yes, I do.

And I went on to remind him that the baby would stay in my belly until August. I'd expressed this fact last night when we officially broke the news, but I don't think cooking-time has really sunk in. As a matter of fact, he was more interested in running off to tell Stella.

Stella, there's a baby in mama's belly, a baby just like you, and you'll get to play with it all the time, he exclaimed. His enthusiasm was contagious as Stella immediately began cheering and chanting, baby in mama's belly.

Heath placed his order for a baby brother, and Stella made her request for a baby sister. We will all find out together in August.

In the meantime, Mark and I are going to continue to adjust to the idea that come August, boy or girl, the adults will be totally and completely outnumbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages