Monday, April 11, 2011

Half-Baked

The Ropko clan found themselves on the McMullen Greenway not one, but two mornings this weekend. The Saturday night downpour foiled my Sunday morning Beatty trail plans. But a greenway run with the fam is a great second choice.

20 weeks in and I finally found my rhythm for running pregnant. Of course, in another ten weeks, I'm sure I'll have to adopt a whole new footing, but over the course of the last week, I found my stride.

I have to say, I think the Garmin has helped a lot. Slow as the pace may be, it's a pace. And it's gratifying to watch half a mile turn into one, then two, then three, then heck, four. Then 4ish, then, well, it's after an hour and I figure if I'm going to go back out and do it again tomorrow, AND keep up with the kiddies who don't ever stop for a break, I better call it a run.

But I do love that twinkly, chimey, ding-a-ling-a-ling when that mile is reached.

Meanwhile, I have a new tutee. Tenth grade English. Glorious.

1 comment:

  1. I miss the chime on my Garmin. It went away about 6 months ago. It really sucks when I'm trying to use it to keep my heart rate low. I'm hoping the whole watch will keel over this year and I can get a 110!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages