Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh Garmin, My Garmin

My Garmin Forerunner 110 is charging. That's right. My Garmin. I am now one of those people.

It kind of slipped my mind that this Wednesday marks the day that I came into the world, so when Mark walked into the house this evening carrying a package from Amazon.com, I not only had no idea who it was for, but nary a clue what was in the box.

Heath, however, had many ideas about the whose and the whats of the package. He was quite certain the package was for him. He was also quite certain that it was a race car. Because, well, he doesn't have enough of those.

Mark told him it was for me, and it finally dawned on me that it could very well have something to do with my birthday. When I expressed this wondering aloud, Heath scrunched his mouth, perplexed. I could see the bubble thought: Mommy's do not have birthdays.

But I do. And it was a birthday package for me from my brother and nephews in San Diego. A Garmin Forerunner 110. A most pleasant and welcome surprise.

I can hardly wait to take it for a spin tomorrow. I'll be the first person in Garmin history to watch my running pace plummet over the course of the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages