Thursday, February 24, 2011

Almost Here

The advantage of no one taking a nap today: everyone is in their separate quarters by 7:30 with nary a complaint. Now Mark and I are going to make one last attempt at watching American History X. If it doesn't happen, I'll be sticking that thing back in the good ole red Netflix envelope and sending it back.

The BFF and I have a mommy's night away planned for Saturday night. I can hardly wait to watch cable, eat chinese food delivered to our room at the inn, and miss my children. When I found myself in a public restroom at the park on Monday, desperately trying to change Stella's diaper while she was standing up, her limbs flailing wildly in protest, screaming, My penis, my penis, that phrase echoing through the cement block of a lavatory, I was comforted by the fact that I had this little getaway planned.

And not a moment too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages