Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year, Charlie Brown!


We stumbled upon a little treat this evening. Actually, two little treats. Turns out there's a Happy New Year, Charlie Brown episode, and a wintry She's a Great Skate, Charlie Brown program. The kids were delighted. Heath loves the physical comedy antics--Peppermint Patty falling down on ice is sure to get a belly laugh. And Stella, ever-compassionate, felt Charlie's disappointment when he slept through The Little Red-haired Girl's visit to the New Year's Eve Party. Char' Brown sad, she sympathized.

I'm glad the kids liked the shows. I found myself mostly annoyed. The voices were all wrong, the Guaraldi-less music lacks the least bit of luster, and the animated colors seem too bright, too new, too...too somebody else is DOING Charlie Brown.

I will say one particular line captured my attention. As Charlie Brown was discussing his new year's resolutions with Linus, he mused, Rather than dread the entire year, I'm going to dread it just one day at a time.

Newfangled or not, that's stuff to live by.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the new stuff but I'm sure it will seem alien when I do.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages