Friday, December 10, 2010

Like Donkey Kong

It's on, that is.

In our long relationship of running, Mark has been nothing short of a marathon enthusiast. But this weekend, he will be committing a first. Running marathons on back-to-back weekends.

Our week has been so jam-packed with preschool potlucks and PreK Open Houses and swim lessons and Christmas prepping and on and on, I still don't have the full report on what transpired at the Baton Rouge Beach Marathon last Saturday. I know he ran it under 4 hours. I know he enjoyed the post-race fare of Jambalaya (no bagels and bananas for Louisianans). I know he was home by 3am on Sunday. (I also know he was grumpy as all get-out upon his return, but whose counting.)

I waited for him to hobble around on stiff, sore legs on Monday. Or complain of aching muscles and back. Nope.

On to the next one. Thunder Road tomorrow morning.

Go, Crazy Daddy, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages