Friday, January 14, 2011

Dead Laptops and Dreadmills

Finally getting around to doing this and I notice I have 11 minutes left on being plugged-in free. I could go to my desk and plug it in. Seems like an awful lot of work. Think I'll just type fast.

I've been computerless for well over 48 hours now. My laptop, already on its last leg, was killed by a tiny person in the house. Pushing (with exaggerated fervor) the on-off button repeatedly seems harmless enough. It isn't. If your laptop is ready to kick the bucket, it's the kick that will put an end to all email. Facebook. Blogging. Uploading pictures. Contact with the outside world when you're stuck inside due to never-melting sheets of ice that surround most of your out of doors.


I went on the hunt for a new laptop yesterday. I struck out in the technology department, but hit gold at the mall. There is an excellent, nearly sequestered, escape-less play section just outside Sears. The kids got to play around for a bit, while I tried to talk myself in and out of buying a treadmill at Sears. Fortunately for our pocketbooks, a friend appeared out of nowhere with her two kiddies, ---

Oops. That 11 minutes left of battery went quickly. And two days later I am getting back to this.

We ordered a new laptop online last night. (Mark brought his work laptop home for the weekend.) It will be here Wednesday. I am considering putting an alarm on it that rings when anyone under 5 feet tall comes within ten feet of it.

Mark will be returning home soon with a treadmill. No, I didn't crack under the pressure and buy one. Turns out Papa and HeHe have one collecting dust in their storage building.

Ice all you want, we will never be without running access ever, ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages