Friday, January 21, 2011

What Have You Been Doing?

Days. It's been days since I've blogged. My list of excuses is dozens deep, but the one I'm going to stick with revolves around computers. Crashing computers. Incurable computers. Shipped computers. Late computers. Savvy computers.

Much savvier than I am. It seems our printer is so old that our new laptop doesn't even recognize it. It has MSWord, but I get the feeling I need to actually purchase that to use it. Most documents are unattainable. Unless I create them. In WordPad. Or they are .docx or .rtf. OMG. WTW? LOL. AETSN. (That's Angry Enough To Spit Nails.)

One delightful byproduct of our Computer Crisis, after enlisting the help of our IT guy (if you don't have one, I highly recommend befriending someone in that position), is having some beloved pictures recovered that we deemed lost. Gone forever. Back when our other computer bit the dust nearly three years ago.

Pictures of our first year or so with Heath. From in the belly to his first birthday bash. Apparently I had nothing but time on my hands to sit around and take pictures of him on our bed. The sheer volume of him in this location, in a variety of outfits, is stunning.

It's been an interesting trip down memory lane. Heath is pretty much the same as he was when he was an infant. Loud. Active. With an aura of one who has been around much longer than his actual years would indicate. And irresistibly cute.

Roughly three hours old. The smell of that head. Oh my.


Roughly three months old. On the bed.
Now imagine 8,000 more pictures similar to this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages