Friday, February 4, 2011

Groundhog Day. Again. And Again. And Again.

I was going to be annoyed by the cold rain today, but it turned out to be the kind of day that found us running a few errands, playing trucks on the kitchen table, and indulging in some super delicious afternoon snoozes. I'll take it.

Daddy even surprised us by suggesting Friday night Chinese take-out. Twist my arm. Then he told Heath and Stella that he would take them to an indoor play something tomorrow so Mommy can have some time to breathe and think and grocery shop alone and maybe even squeeze in a little run. His niceness completely foiled my plans for being annoyed by tomorrow's rain. And I see sunny and 54 for Sunday. I'll take it.

Meanwhile, Granny is on day 4 of 10 with the Ropkos. I spend most of my day reminding her where she is, what time it is, and where my parents are. She likes to sweep our floors. Good thing we have plenty of dirt for her. And she really liked her Sweet and Sour chicken for dinner tonight. She had two helpings and said over and over, Mmmm...you're a good cook. And I kept telling her that Mark picked it up from the Chinese take-out place near our house, glad you like it. As she was pulling down her covers on her bed for sleep, she commented on dinner again.

That was good dinner, Andee. You're a good cook.

I'm glad you liked it, I said, placing her glass of water on a Nike running shoe box, a makeshift nightstand. But I didn't make it. Mark picked it up for us.

Well, you don't have to tell nobody, she chuckled. You can let 'em think you made it.

I handed her a magazine and a Moon Pie snack and started to head out the door, she said, That was good dinner, honey, thank you. You're a good cook.

I start to launch into the take-out explanation again, but opt against it. Thank you, Granny, I'm glad you liked it. I love you.

I love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages