Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Little Teary

2 Hours Post-Op Stella

In my defense, there's been a lot going on around here, but I couldn't let one more day go by without at least acknowledging the fact that our dear sweet, unbelievably courageous, darling Stella had her lymph node surgery on Thursday morning. We reported to Charlotte EENT at 6am and we were home in bed watching Sesame Street by 10am. By noon, Stella was eating soup made by Aunt Debbie and Goma, begging for blue raspberry italian ice being consumed by Mark, and playing with her toys. And smiling. Pretty heartily.


A scary (and daunting to change) bandage covering a scary (and daunting to lay eyes on) draining tube is dangling from her face. Not once has she tried to pull that thing off. And today, day 3 of hopefully only 7, she is actually at the point of only mildly complaining about having the gauze and silk tape removed from her delicate jaw, saying, Okay, mommy, okay, mommy. I get the feeling she's reassuring me more than herself.


We head back on Monday morning to check-in and see how it is all progressing. Have I mentioned how amazing she is?


And have I mentioned how very fortunate Mark and I are to have amazing family and friends? Everyone's well wishes and meals and messages and getting me out for some mind-clearing running has meant everything. Without you, I would be totally and completely cracked.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages