Sunday, November 7, 2010

Filling in the Title Space

After a lovely evening out with Mark, my brother (visiting from CA), no children, and a delicious plate of sushi and tofu, we made a quick on-the-way-home pit-stop at Harris-Teeter. We needed milk, as usual, and to return a Redbox movie before it became a five dollar rental.

Christmas wreaths have been hung by the HT logo with care. Rows of glittery, plastic tree bulbs and HoHoHo mugs and red stockings are piled on shelves at the front of the store. And I think, I think, I saw packages of red and green M&Ms.

I am not ready.

The Overmountain Trail 25K is in 6 days. Trail pal and I will be heading for the mountains in 5 days. We hit the trails at the Whitewater Center this morning for a brisk 12ish miles. My car said it was 36 degrees with a snowflake icon, in case I missed the point that 36 means cold. But that was just fine by me and my legs. I had unearthed an excellent pair of Adidas running tights from Mark's trusty running garb drawer. They're slick. They're shiny. They're warm. Perfect for chilly mountain running.

I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages