Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Do Not Vant to Suck Your Garlic Blood


In just a couple of days my Trail Pal and I will be heading up to run the Overmountain Trail 25K on Saturday. I am still feeling relatively ready. My plan has been to keep my runs this week in the 4 mile range, be driven batty by my children, and eat carbs like a piggy piggy. This strategy should leave me ready to explode at the seams, and will translate into some happy, and hopefully, not so very slow running through the woods of North Wilkesboro.

Too bad I got this silly cold that's been lingering for about three weeks. Actually, ten days ago I recollect being able to breathe and not cough for about 12 hours, so my guess is it's actually been not one, but two colds that have been keeping me from feeling my absolute best. So when I was given an interesting tip--eat loads of roasted garlic--I ate it.

While I was drizzling the garlic bulbs with olive oil and folding them up in tinfoil for baking in the oven, Heath wanted to know what I was doing and why I was doing it. I explained that it would help my cold, and then I added a little helpful tidbit about keeping vampires away as well.

He watched the process of folding the bulbs and placing them in the oven, while mulling over the vampire idea. After a heavy sigh, and with much relief, he announced, I think I better have some of that, too. I got this yucky cough, and those dag-gone vampires get in my bed at night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages