Saturday, August 21, 2010

Food for Thought

Why is Humpty Dumpty an egg? Heath wondered aloud as we read through some Mother Goose tales this evening.

Heath's theory on Dinosaur extinction. The big space rock hit the earth, and the crash was boom-big, and it had fires, and no fire fighters, so the big crash tore all the skin off the dinosaurs, and their bones sunk into the ground. Then the scientists came with magnifying glasses and shovels and put the bones in the back of their trucks.

Bring me back some dinosaur bones. Heath's request as I headed out the door to meet a friend to run some trails.

We're almost brothers, Heath said to Stella, wrapping an arm around her neck, then insisted I get the camera to take their picture.

Heath's teacher came for our pre-school preschool home visit. She asked him if he was looking forward to coming back to school in a couple of weeks. His response: After I turn 4, then I turn 5, and then I have to go to work at the job site downtown.

Hello mommy, hello dad, I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb. Heath singing The Runaways 1976 hit, Cherry Bomb, on the way upstairs to take his bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages