Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day Two of Three

A three day weekend will make you wonder how on earth one functions with just two. I will say our choices in Redbox movies have been dismal. Friday night we got The Invention of Lying. I was bored, annoyed, and asleep within 45 minutes of the movie's start. Last night was something about Pippa Lee; I can't remember the exact title. I guess this one was slightly better than the night before, because I made it an hour, then next thing I knew it was 2am, the TV was still on, and I had no idea what had happened.

After a 6 mile run on the greenway this morning, picking out a watermelon at Trader Joe's, being disappointed because Run For Your Life is closed on Sunday and I wasn't able to get any Clif Shot Bloks, disappointed and slightly pissed to find that I had ordered a 4x6 picture of Heath for his school cubby and was to be picked up at Rea Road location and there are three Rea Road locations and I was not at the right Rea Road location, Mark suggested he take the kids to see his mom while I got crackin' on those school bags. Crack, I did.


Stella's lovely number.

Heath's. He took one look at it and shouted, I'm ready to go to school!

When I finally got them in bed, and out of the bags, I was able to make some drawstring (ribbon, actually) adjustments. Hopefully it won't be hanging so insanely long.



Mr. Transportation. Ready for work! I mean school!


Too busy to stop and take a picture that isn't blurry. She's thrilled with her bag that is as long as her body.
I even managed to line them with a couple of old pillowcases from Granny's house. The lining seems to give them the extra durability that I am quite certain these bags will need. Of course, they could still very well be completely destroyed by the end of the week.
So glad they're finished. Did I have to make these backpacks? No. Could they survive with some old Harris-Teeter reusable bags? Yes. Do I realize that it's only preschool? Yes. But Heath and Stella are only almost 2 and almost 4 once in their little, flying-fast lives. And I made 'em some bags.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages