Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who Gets to be Batman?

Wearing brother's Thomas and Percy swim trunks. Eating a leaf. Covered in post-dinner popsicle. Nothing to complain about here.


On second thought, there's always room for some crying.



So far we have yet to have a morning discussion/disagreement about wearing (make that, not wearing) any commercial superhero clothing. Aside from spilling coffee all over myself, the last three mornings have gone smoothly and we have arrived at preschool on time, and even chipper, in spite of my on-the-way-out-the-door-hot-caffeine-spillage. It landed all over my favorite Boston t-shirt. Heath said, Oh no! And you really wanted to wear that, too. I did really want to wear it.

I was not going to be defeated and cry over French Roast splashings. So I quickly changed my shirt, and we moved right along.

While Heath has not mentioned the fact that Spider-Man clothing is off limits during school hours, I'm guessing it hasn't gone completely unnoticed. Shortly after lunch today, I found Heath and Stella in his room, playing dress-up. Heath was covered head to toe, layer upon layer of Spider-Man, Batman, Incredible Hulk underwear, pants, shirts, pajamas, swim suit, and a final touch of a Spider-Man remnant fleece from HeHe. What Heath wasn't able to get on his person, Stella got on hers. She topped her look off with some Batman underpants on her head and a Thomas the Train swim suit on her bottom. He informed me that he is Spider-Man, Stella is Incredible Hulk, I am Superman (I better be), and Mark is Iron Man. Then the two zoomed through the house, shooting webs out of their wrists (even the She-Hulk is a web slinger), and generally saving the day.
I don't know. Now that I think about it, being the Green Goblin could be cool, too. Throwing Pumpkin Bombs might come in handy from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages