Friday, September 3, 2010

Three Days

The day began with Heath immediately jabbering on and on about the three day weekend, Mark being home for a three day weekend, and the PBS The Cat in the Hat show starting on the last morning of the three day weekend. We've obsessively read the book for a week now. He is excited.

We also attended a little Open House session for Heath's class. Because I will probably fail to take pictures on their official first day--like I've failed to take pictures on all the other first days Heath has had--I managed to make a last minute grab for the camera. I took two shots. They are horribly blurry. Perhaps I can find some time during this three day weekend to figure out what exactly I need to do to take a decent indoor shot. Before I go insane from Vivitar fury.


Heath and Stella rolling cars and trucks around the 4's class. We took a moment and stopped by the 2's class as well. Stella has a cubby and box with her name on it. She was thrilled. But even more thrilling for her was spotting the large wooden dump trucks available for play. They have two. Good thinking.

And because I'm too tired, and too interested in ice cream, and too getting ready to watch a movie, I will not even attempt a decent segue and will go straight into the post-dinner snake story. I was putting away the dishes, and Mark was playing with the kids in the backyard, when I suddenly hear, Come look at this!



I came to look at this. The snake. A baby compared to a few that have been spotted round these parts this summer, but a slithery snake nonetheless. He wasn't originally on our deck. Mark found him in our giant pile of mulch. (Have I told the tale about the mulch? We have a giant pile of it in our driveway. It WILL make its way to the needy parts of our yard. It will. It will.) His tail was pinched between Mark's thumb and forefinger, and the kids were screaming, Snake! Snake! Then the wriggling commenced to get wild, and down he went, to the deck, then down through the wooden slats, down to the backyard again. Back to the mulch.
I'm sure we will see him again, when we are wheelbarrowing the mulch from the driveway to the yard. In a month or two. He'll be much bigger by then. I'll be sure to post another picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages