Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fred and Ted Come to Our House

Lately, Heath has been getting a lot of Are you a good big sister?, so that's my cue to get his hair trimmed a bit. Previous morning plans cancelled. Rainy day. Seemed like a good time to take care of this task.

He surprisingly makes zero fuss about getting his haircut. They have a train table. Movies playing. And he can take his pick of transportation rides to sit in. He usually chooses the fire truck. Today he decided to shake things up and sit in the Police car. The stylist snipped away at his hair, while he made siren noises. As soon as she trimmed his bangs he said, I can see! Poor guy. At that moment I realized his hair hadn't been cut since the week before Christmas. Yikes!

I picked up a few new books for Heath and Stella while we were out and about. One of them is Fred and Ted Go Camping. I thought it looked cute and the author's name seemed familiar (I later read that Peter Eastman is the son of P.D. Eastman, author of Are You My Mother? Another household favorite.) Little did I know it was going to be a huge, HUGE hit.

I read it to them twice on the way home (while waiting at red lights, of course). Four times after lunch. Three times before naps. Twice after naps. Once after his bath. And, according to Mark, one more time before he got into bed. I also noticed him calling Mark, Ted, multiple times throughout the evening.

I guess that means Heath is Fred.

1 comment:

  1. I finally buckled and took Sam to get his hair cut a few weeks ago too. Ever since then we've been getting complaints that now his hair is no longer in his eyes he NEEDS sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages