Sunday, February 28, 2010

Marshmallow Plants

Mark and I spent a little time this weekend surveying our much loved, but overgrown backyard. We settled on a couple of plans. One includes hacking our way through weeds that have taken over an underutilized section. The other includes building two boxes for our garden venture.

One box for cucumbers, tomatoes, squash and zucchini. The other for watermelon, cantaloupe, eggplant, and marshmallow. The marshmallow was Heath's input. I haven't figured out how I'm going to be able to grant this candy-growing wish. I considered trying some white eggplant that my mom grew last year. But Heath isn't anyone's fool, so my big hope is that he'll move on to something else in the next 4-6 weeks.

And it's looking like it may be closer to six weeks. I heard talk about snow on Tuesday. Really? Really?! Come ON!!

Mark and I had our date evening. The middle part of it was spent at Starbucks, sipping hot tea and coffee, reading through an actual newspaper with our feet propped up. My deep and evergrowing disdain for this winter has taken such a toll, I found myself intently studying the weather section trying to find a more suitable location to continue living, because I'm not sure I'll be able to take it another day. Honolulu, Sunny and 80. We have a winner.

Tomorrow is Monday. Deep breath.

Good thing we have several episodes of Six Feet Under to watch before the week begins. I'm not ready. Another deep breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages