Sunday, February 14, 2010

Today was Good. Today was Fun. Tomorrow is Another One.

I just put Heath to bed with socked-feet slathered in Vicks VapoRub. We did the same trick last night, and I have to say, it's helped the cough tremendously. Plus, Heath enjoys the hilarity of tickling his feet with the ointment.

After Heath and Stella had their baths, Mark went back out to Blockbuster to exchange our movie. Our copy of (500) Days of Summer had a technical problem, so we didn't get to watch it last night. Fortunately, we had Six Feet Under to watch. It's official. I cannot stand Brenda. And I am loving Ruth.

When Mark returned with what we hope is a workable movie disc, Stella was already in bed, talking to her Pig, and kicking at the crib rails. And Heath and I were in his room, sitting in the rocking chair, reading Green Eggs and Ham.

My new, new favorite book, he said. We had to read it three times tonight.

Mark peeked in his room to say goodnight and give kisses. Heath said, I love you, because of your hearts.

We're going to prolong our weekend for maximum and much-needed enjoyment and watch our movie tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages