Monday, June 14, 2010

HOT Monday

Back in January when I was complaining about having to layer up the kiddies and use the weather shield on the jogger and wear gloves and a hat and multiple running long sleeved tech tees and still feel the chill deep in my bones, I dreamed of days like the one we had today. Mornings when it's already 92 at 9am, drenched in sweat before I've gone half a mile, and by 11am when I'm lugging a pool-bound wagon down the street and all three of us are soaked in sweat, and people are talking about heat advisory warnings...I love it. And I'm not kidding.

Everyone in the 'hood had the same idea today. Head to the pool and cool off in a pee-pee filled baby pool with all the other toddlers and preschoolers and their moms. It was packed. I was still burning up from the run, so I said to heck with pee-pee worries, and waded in the baby water, too.

Oddly enough, my son who thinks the world is his personal toilet, doesn't pee in the pool. I mentioned to him a week or so ago that we should use the actual potty (not the pool or nearby bush) while we are there, and sure enough, he always lets me know when he needs to go. I have also asked him to not pee on the station wagon tires, or off the back deck, or into my bunny planter on the front porch. He has yet to follow directions about any of those spots, so I'm curious why he's decided to obey when he could freely pee without anyone really knowing. Not curious enough to ask. Wouldn't want to make him think twice and add to the need for more chlorine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages