Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Special H for Sit

Day 2 of Heath's latest nap hiatus. My 83 year old Granny is here with us this weekend. Let's just say she's been the easiest one to tend to.

Thank goodness for Weeds. We plan to go ahead and give that a whirl, since I failed to put it back in the mail and get restarted with It's Always Sunny. Which reminds me, I need to take care of making that queue change.

Right now I'm struggling to keep my eyes open, so we will see how much of anything I watch.

Before I close, I will tell a quick Stella ditty. As you know, she's talking like crazy, and becoming spunkier and more demanding by the day. Her latest favorites are outside (because of course she's taking after her brother and wanting to spend endless amounts of time outside) and sit (as in sit down and read this book to me. Or sit down and let me eat some of your food. Or sit down outside with me and watch me try to climb up the slide, over and over and over.)

The funny thing about her s's is the fact that at this point she pronounces them with a sh. So, outside is outshide. And sit is, well...shit.

Super cute, right?

This afternoon we went out to do a little try-to-get-mama-some-clothes-that-aren't-over-a-decade-old-and-don't-make-her-feel-like-a-complete-raggamuffin (or tramp as Granny says. Yeah.), so we went to a spot that had both an Old Navy and Marshalls. Marshalls was crowded. The kids were everywhere, and I thought I'd lost Granny for a minute, so I quickly gave up and headed on to Old Navy. Well, that was even worse. The music was loud and everything seemed not at all what I was looking for. I did manage to get a swim suit cover thingy. I've never owned one of those before, so that should be fun.

We left the store, Mark and Heath headed off to HT to pick up a few things, and I left with Granny and Stella (who had taken care of some business at the Old Navy, and it needed to be tended to, pronto). Well, I'm waiting for poor Granny to catch up, Stella is off running, wanting to sit on some outdoor chairs outside the Home Goods store. She takes a seat on a just-her-size teak Adirondack, and points furiously at the vacant red Adirondack beside her, shouting. Loudly. Shit, mama, shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages