Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Best

Still haven't watched Weeds. Still haven't made the change on the queue to get It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia again.

What I did take care of was heading back out to the Whitewater Center this morning to meet a friend and do some trail running. As I turned into the parking lot, three minutes late, and hoping she was at least three minutes late, I noticed my car said it was a brisk, chilly 89 degrees.

So I left my water bottle in the car. Took off to find my friend, who was not as late as me, but we headed to find the trail opening, and ran free through the woods. She was good with having no idea where she was going, and just followed the signs and the conversation. Hot. I mean, clothes sopping wet, hot. But, oh, so good.

Another to do I took care of was getting a few new duds. After naps (that Heath fortunately enjoyed today for at least an hour), it was still hot. And on the verge of a storm. So we headed to the downtown Target for diapers, juice boxes, and some possible new mama duds.

I found three shirts. They fit. They are not white, black, or stained. And two of the three won't be worn while running. Very exciting. No luck on the shorts, though. What I saw seemed short short. Or cuffed. Or not my size. Oh well. Maybe with new shirts no one will notice my ripped and worn over and over and over shorts. (Or. Here's an idea. I can try a different store. I don't think I should give up on the hunt. Especially since AmVet just got two more bags of too short, too cuffed, and not my size shorts.)

Big week of pooling, birthday partying, park-ing, and our music class begins on Wednesday. I better get my rest and load up on some patience. (And ice cream. And water. I'm still thirsty from that run.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages