Saturday, April 3, 2010

Are We There Yet?

My early morning was spent trying to keep two children from jumping into a mud puddle or falling down steps or generally doing something that would injure themselves before we got out of town, while I simultaneously packed up the wagon with bags of groceries, Pack N Plays, beach wagons and toys, suitcases, baby jogger, a booster seat, can't live without lovies, and a bag of Matchbox cars that needed to go to the beach. Mark had some early morning work to do (a small price to pay in order to be with us the entire week), so I was on my own. I was down to the last item or two when Mark came home and repacked the car. I saved my breath and was grateful to get everything in and on the road.

The trip was faster than I expected. One food stop at a Jersey Mike's in Laurinburg. One side-of-the-road-pee-pee-stop for Heath. And we were to "The Sandbox" by 4:30. On the beach by 5. (Stella was in awe of the ocean. When she saw it she took a deep breath and said, Wow...wow! Wow! The last time we were at the beach was in October. Totally different Stella on that trip.) Eating seafood at The Seafood Barn by 6:30. (Heath was bummed when he realized that the Seafood Barn didn't have any animals, other than the ones to be eaten, of course.)

Can't wait to get the lay of the land tomorrow. Love the house. Love being here with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages