Monday, April 19, 2010

Give a Dog a Bone

Not too shabby considering both children decided to take a break from naps today. And what a surprise that was considering the morning we experienced. Heath's class met at Reedy Creek Park and we played and hiked and lunched and played some more until 12:30. Stella was actually knocked out in her car seat before we exited the park and slept the whole way home.
I guess that was enough for her.

Around 2 o'clock I thought I would try to get them to take a little rest, mainly for Heath's sake (and, well, mine). Stella, of course, spent the first half hour throwing everything out of her crib. Heath spent the first half hour bringing up various subjects to "chat" about. Caterpillars. Tadpoles. Tow trucks. Wearing someone else's underpants (a bit of an accident occured at the park and I failed to pack an extra pair of pants. So OF COURSE I would need them.)

Then the pair spent the second half hour singing This Old Man back and forth to each other between the walls. Stella doesn't actually sing. She just duh-duh-duh's to the tune of This Old Man.

Heath's old man does a lot of things with his knick-knack paddy whack. He plays poo on a shoe. He plays pee on a tree. He plays ottom on his bottom. At least he rhymes. And he always comes rolling home.

At three I decided "rest time" was for the birds, so I loaded the kiddies up and took them for a run to the park. I expected the two to nod off in the stroller. Nope. Not today.

They were definitely ready for bed, though.

And all I want to know is where the heck is my new running skirt?!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. No naps for you? I got a very rare and much appreciated nap out of Sam this afternoon! Oh it was lovely. Bea slept in the car too, but was content to potter around her room and play while Sam snoozed.

    Odd about the skirt, delivery from the twins is usually very swift and I've been surprised at how quickly a skirt can manage to arrive from CA when other items I order from closer States seem to take inordinately long lengths of time. I see they were running Boston and exhibiting at the expo there, wonder if that would have delayed shipping?

    On a side note, I stumbled across a page on their website I hadn't noticed before...they have a matching running bra to go with the skirt! Pretty. Wish I had something to fill one with though, thanks kids. :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages