Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tax Day. Free Starbucks. Take Own Travel Mug.

In an effort to stimulate the economy, I have made a couple of retail purchases online this week. Now Heath has a partner in his excitement when the FedEx truck rolls down our street. We had a false alarm today when one slowed down in front of our house.

"It's here!" I screamed, and all three of us went running for the front door. Heath and Stella had no idea what they were excited about, but they are willing participants when it comes to getting amped about something, anything.

It wasn't here. The truck was just slowing for a speed bump.

Of course I am tracking the two items (one via FedEx, the other through the good ole USPS) online with what I would consider only mild obsession. They are both scheduled to arrive on the 19th. But I see nothing wrong with expecting a little miracle from time to time.

The first item I am drooling over is my new Run Love Fleur running skirt. It is so pretty. So flowery. So, so luverly. I am almost positive this is the item I have needed to break my 10-minute mile wall.

After my nearly three week long HIGHLY obsessive cognitive process of choosing some Spring/Summer footwear for the kiddies, and picking the Keens, then being told by multiple folk that we would NEVER go back, I am thrilled to say that they were so, so right. The Keens rock. No one complains. No one falls down and hurts themselves in awkward shoes. (Well, people fall. People hurt themselves. But it's not the shoes.) And they were perfect at the beach. Easy on, easy off. Totally washable. (I will say that I had a friend forewarn me about possible stinky feet. We are experiencing this side effect, but it is so minor, I can completely overlook it. I am also willing to concede that my children could very well just have sweaty, smelly tootsies, and the Keens are not to blame).

But my complete satisfaction, coupled with my need for some new sandals myself, I took the Keen plunge. My FedEx package containing my Whisper, Brindle/Regal Orchid shoes are on their way. So light. So chocolaty. So, so purpley.

On a different note, Heath got his haircut today. He looks very cute. Very much like a little BOY. (But he's still pretty darn lovely...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages