Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jogging...with a soft J...


I have to say, as much as I didn't want to leave the beach, it feels mighty nice to be snuggled up in my own bed. The kiddies seemed pretty happy to get back home to their own space, too. They immediately dug into their toys like they were new again.

But good grief, the drive home. It was not full of excitement and anticipation, like the trip to the beach. It was next door to dreadful. Stella napped a little. Heath took a short snooze in between multiple meltdowns. And when they're submerged in I don't want to get on the highway histrionics, miles and miles away from home, in their car seat, it can be a very helpless feeling. We could not get home fast enough.

We are unpacked, settled in, and ready for a vacation without children. I don't see that coming anytime soon, so I'll take an evening of Anchorman and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages