Sunday, July 18, 2010

11:15 on a Sunday Night...Seriously? Already?

Apparently I picked out a movie called Valentine's Day at the Redbox last night. It was cute, which means I fell asleep halfway through and didn't feel too bad when Mark took it back to the store this morning.

Our morning plan was for me to take the Jeep to get my hair colored, while Mark took the kids to do the dreaded grocery shopping and Target run. The Jeep had other plans. It wanted to sit in our driveway and not budge. Heath was ready to go into Emergency response mode, but we decided the easiest course of action would be for me to go ahead in the wagon and Mark hang back with Heath and Stella.

When I returned home, ready to tackle an overwhelmed tear-worthy list of to-do's, I was treated with a giant surprise. The bathrooms were cleaned. The laundry was well on its way. And Mark was still going to do the grocery and Target run with the kids and be back home for lunch. That meant I could stay home and get my act together for my new writing tutee I'm meeting tomorrow afternoon, and tackle various other projects.

Heath is in bed wearing his new Seattle pants. I only sewed one leg to the other twice, included my finger in the hem once, and lost the elastic for a total of five minutes. They are finished. And he loves them. I'm pretty sure he will be in them all week. On to Stella's nightgown. It's a tank-type number, so I have to finish it while it's still hot.

Mark took the kids to see his mom, sister, nieces, and new baby cousin, while I finished my mommy projects and had a refreshing run without pushing a load of children. Heath is apparently overjoyed with having a baby cousin. He was insistent on having dinner at their house, so they didn't get home until 8:30. When they returned, they both had many stories to tell. Stella's stories are less about the words (I still can't quite catch them all) and more about the wideness of her eyes and enthusiasm in her over enunciated, yet simultaneously completely mush-mouthed, vocabulary. For someone so small, her voice is awfully booming and shrieky.

Stella ran into the kitchen, her eyes exploding out of her sweet little face. Boon! Dink! Up! Die! Die! Cry! Hee! (At this point, she points to the sky, then back at her brother who has now run into the house to hopefully clear up all my questions I have about the Stella tale.) Goma!Beebee! Shleepee!

Apparently they stopped at the grocery store on the way home from Goma's house, where the baby was sleeping, and they got a pink balloon. Stella let it go and it went up in the sky, she cried uncontrollably, and Heath told Stella she could get another one next time. This is, of course, big, wide-eyed, shriek-worthy news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages