Monday, July 12, 2010

Rainy Naps

The rain. Refreshing, temperature-dropping rain. Nap-coma inducing rain.

I was relieved that the rain held off this morning. Heath, Stella, and I were hosting a playdate at Princeton Park with some preschool pals and mommies. The overcast sky was helpful, though, because we were able to enjoy a couple of hours of non-brutally hot play. The kids had a great time with their friends, and I enjoyed chatting it up with some of my favorite moms.

Shortly after we returned home, the rain came. What a thunderous downpour. All three of us fell so deeply into the nap zone, next thing I knew it was after 4pm, and it was still raining.

I suited up for a run, despite the steady rain and Heath resistance. He was deeply involved in a very important project: loading a fire truck with Legos. When Mark got home shortly after five, Heath was still busy, still disinterested in going in the baby jogger, and I was really itching to go. Mark suggested I go by myself. He didn't have to say it twice.

Good run. Good burrito night. Good Dark Velvet Chocolate ice cream. Good It's Always Sunny in PA. Not too bad for a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages