Friday, July 16, 2010

Workin' On My Queue

We met some friends in NoDa for pizza and pasta this evening, so I am officially carbed-up and ready for my race tomorrow morning. The restaurant happened to be beside Fire Station #7, so the kids lucked out and got to sit on the fire truck and run around in front of the station. The fire captain was sweet enough to loan us a camera to take a few pictures, then emailed them to me. Fire fighters are always so genuinely kind. Heath already has big plans to go back and work there tomorrow.

Hopefully he (and Stella) will do daddy a favor and take note of our late night out, and will sleep in tomorrow morning. I will be traveling solo to the race, then will scoot off to a meeting for Heath's school. Busy Saturday morning. I should probably go to bed. Unfortunately I have fallen into a habit of some night owl hours keeping. When the kiddies are finally nestled sweetly into bed for the night, I can do all things mommy-related, like think thoughts without interruption, or eat food without tending to someone else's needs, or watch television, or read something besides Roger the Jolly Pirate, or simply stare into space and think nothing.

Speaking of watching television, I guess tonight I will have to settle for episodes of Friends that I I've watched fourteen million times, as once again, I had forked up the Netflix by not paying attention to what disc was coming next. Weeds came today. Season 1, Disc 2. How did this happen? Am I out of It's Always Sunny in PA seasons? What happened to Weeds Season 1, Disc 1? I just don't know. Guess I'll have to stay up until 2am and work on my queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages