Thursday, July 15, 2010

-ING

Heath is a little hemming and a waistband away from having Sleepy in Seattle pants. Good thing all the stitching is inside the britches; they are a true mess. Despite my mom's very clear email instructions she sent me this evening, I still managed to experience two incredibly bone-headed, sewing-novice befuddlements. 1) I still don't know what I did, but Heath came close to having a Sleepy in Seattle skirt, and 2) I pinned the fabric to the bed. Twice.

At least I'm trying. It feels good to experiment with something new. Similarly to the Redbook article I read on Tuesday while I was waiting to see our Family Physician, if you want to feel more carefree in your life, just add some -ING to it. Of course, being a misanthropic, cantankerous, surly, sourpuss (who was incredibly annoyed at how long it was tak-ING to see the doctor), my go-to thought when I was reading this article was foul, at best, and really shouldn't be repeated outside of my own head, as it was riddled with a couple choice -ING words. But while I was out runn-ING with the kids this morning, I thought about the article and all my -INGs. Running. Writing. Reading. Sewing. Ice cream eating. Coffee drinking. Tutoring. Parenting. Playdating. Meditating. And the list pleasantly went on.

As a matter of fact, I have two new -INGs I would like to add. Biking. And old truck restoring. While we were out on that same run today, Heath and I simultaneously spotted a red Jeep. And not just any red Jeep, an old red pick-up Jeep Gladiator. Roughly 1960ish. We both gasped. We both pointed. And we both said, That's cool, I want that. Then I started to get daydreamy about all the Jeeps and Fords and VWs I could restore with Heath's help.

I figure I better take it one -ING at a time and finish these pants for Heath before he continues growth-spurt-ING. For now, I have to do some TV watch-ING and sleep-ING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages