Friday, July 2, 2010

Beans, Beans, Good for the Heart...

I hear fireworks already. I love the 4th of July. It's my second favorite holiday, followed closely behind by Thanksgiving. It's not so much a Patriotism thing for me. It's an edible fare deal. For both special days.

That said, after a not-so-humid morning run, the kiddies and I headed to Trader Joe's and loaded up on 4th of July food. Hot dogs, hamburger, corn-on-the-cob. The shopping trip was pretty successful. The only person in a sour mood was me. And it wasn't so much sour, as it was just low on energy-reserves. As a matter of fact, my reserve was used up some time last week, and I haven't caught up yet. My lack of energy left me utterly perplexed when I couldn't find my shopping list halfway through the trip. I had it in the bread section--got all kinds of buns. Had it in frozen foods--tuna steak, chicken nuggets, veggie burgers. Check, check, double check. Then, gone. No list. And no ability to think for myself.

Turns out, Stella munched on the list, then threw it into the bag with the corn-on-the-cob. And I forgot two very important items. Baked beans and watermelon. The beans I can live without, but the watermelon. No.

That's why I was so delighted to find that our weekend house guests/BFFs brought, that's right, watermelon. Phew.

Still don't have the beans. But we have a big day of running, pooling, and Whitewater Centering, so I imagine we can pick some up between now and the real deal 4th. (Sounds of celebratory fireworks exploding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages