Monday, July 19, 2010

Blue Monday

It started off relatively well. The kids were up at 8:20, a very good thing since I had a bout of insomnia last night. Another good thing was the fact that we were scheduled to meet our preschool pals at Princeton Park at 10am. Up and at 'em is always best for the crew.

When we returned home the day's disintegration began. Stella was ready to nap after a little lunch. And so was Heath, but he was so completely wound up, the word scrappy barely covers his regard for everything that was happening. He finally passed out around 3, just in time for me to head off to see my new tutee at Starbucks. HeHe came and held down the fort while I went and talked Literary Analysis with a rising 9th grader.

Despite Heath's hour and a half nap, he was frenzied beyond return when I got back home.

Long day.

First swim lesson tomorrow. I am trying to maintain an attitude of quiet, yet cheerful, optimism meshed with a healthy dose of low expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages