Saturday, July 24, 2010

Two Lessons and a Noodle

The morning run today was hot. And cranky. All four of us seemed to be just funky with bad attitude. I'm not even sure what the problem was, but at one point I just got fed up and took off in a different direction. No. That's not mature. But it actually worked in my favor (and everyone else's), as I was really just feeling fed up with myself, and needed a moment of peace and quiet. It has not been peaceful or quiet around these parts in DAYS. People say it's the heat. They might be right. Or I just have two really loud children, and it's hot.

The Ropko Four was able to reconvene back at the homestead, feeling a new resolve to get through it, and decided the best place to be is at the pool, so we packed up some lunch, loaded up the wagon, and headed down to the swimming hole. Once again, the cool water, change of venue, and splish-splashy, frolicky fun did the trick. And with Mark along for the outing, we were able to get in the big pool.

Heath immediately latched onto a green swim noodle. I was amazed that not only did he stay afloat, he was able to swim independently the entire time we were at the pool. He showed us his new face dunking, bubble blowing, feet kicking, long-arm reaching (not so much while holding onto the noodle, but he sure tried) tricks, all while moving about the length of the pool at will. It was a huge confidence-building, big-boy-acting experience. Even Stella was happy to stay in her pink princess race car float for quite some time. And then she wanted out. And she, too, wanted to swim independently. Once again, I got my bicep curl action in without having to head to the gym. Good thing she's still a teeny-tiny one. I'd have a broken back.

In light of my dinner cooking last night, we headed out to good ole Eddie's tonight. Then even got a little ice cream for the kiddies. I passed. But will indulge here shortly. I was thinking about pulling the sewing machine out and trying my hand at making a crooked-seamed, possibly too big, uneven skirt for myself.

But I'd rather eat ice cream and watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages