Wednesday, July 21, 2010

#201

Little boy was not buying the idea that a nap would be good today. The only thing I could get him to comply with (sort of) was the idea that we had to at least be quiet. At 3:30 I threw in the towel and got myself dressed for a run. I knew it was going to be a hot one, but I needed to clear the ole head. Fast.

I also knew it was going to be a time-sensitive venture. Our music class is at 5, so this meant running to a desired fulfillment, getting myself showered (I have this down to a 45 second science), dressed, everyone loaded in the car, and on Park Road by 4:42. At the latest.

It WAS hot. My water-bottle bringing remembrance has been keen as of late, so I actually sipped as I chugged along. Heath even managed a five or 6 minute snooze toward the end of the run, so that was a pleasant bonus. I did get that shower. And our car turned on to Park Road at 4:43. To the class by 5:01.

Our music teacher announced that next Wednesday is our last class of the summer session. Where did that six weeks go? I'm going to miss Wednesday night at Music Together and piggying it up at the Lupie's. Tonight they were playing Tribe Called Quest, The Low End Theory. It doesn't get much better than that.

Except it does. Season 4, Disc 1, It's Always Sunny in PA arrived today. And I didn't eat all the Brownie Mud Pie ice cream last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages