Thursday, January 14, 2010

Glass Houses

We are no longer on for the Myrtle Beach full and half, and have moved our sights onto the March 6th Charlotte race. When we tried to register a couple of weeks ago we were stunned to find that MB was already full. Maybe with the few extra weeks of training, I will win.

And everyone is clear that when I say "we" registered too late...

I was all ready to sink my teeth into some more Six Feet Under tonight. I even found myself racing to the mailbox this afternoon, practically giddy when I saw the red envelope. Holding Stella with one hand, I eagerly ripped it open with the other, and...Reno 911! RENO 911!!!! What the what?!?!

In disbelief, I raced inside to check the computer. There must've been some sort of computer glitch. Or, I know, someone got our Netflix account information, went online, and totally jumbled up our queue, just to mess with my life.

Heath, who had been in his fire fighter uniform most of the day, was intrigued by my frantic need to log on. It's an emergency, I told him.

I'll get my fire extinguisher, he said, racing off. He, in fact, did return with his fire extinguisher, and his ax.

Before I even finished typing in our password, I remembered what happened. I forgot to move Seasons 2-5 to the top of our queue. I went ahead and made the necessary changes so we can be back on with the funeral home freaks on Monday. I even let Heath smack the computer a couple of times with his ax before I told him to stop.

So, we're racing in Charlotte in March and we'll be watching Reno 911! Season 2: Disc 1 tonight. I could use a good belly laugh, I suppose. Besides, if that's as disappointing as it gets, that's not so bad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wait... sorry. The hacker was me. Teeheehee! I love that show!

    Tell Heath I have a few things down here that need fixin'...

    (sorry about the race! curse those eager beavers! or whatever...)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages