Sunday, January 24, 2010

Smoothie, Smoothie, Smoothie...and a Whole Lotta Rain

Rain. Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. Last night I had big plans for running 10 miles in the morning, but when I woke up, guess what I saw? Yep. Rain. I decided to be optimistic, and blind to the weather report for an all day rain, and hoped that it would stop by the time I finished my second cup of coffee. No such luck.

But I'm a lot like the Postal Service when it comes to weather and running. So we geared up and headed out for six. In the cold, annoyingly pelting rain. When I got home I had to ring out my pants. My least favorite kind of run.

We watched Inglorious Basterds last night. I managed to stay awake for the first hour and 4 minutes, but falling asleep was not the fault of the movie. I just couldn't hold my eyelids open anymore, so I got bits and pieces of the rest of the flick. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I'd been told by a reliable source that it was good. And he shared my "kind of over Tarantino" sentiment, too. Great story line. Brad Pitt as a Smoky Mountain "Point chur fanger here, Nat-zi," character was really well done.

I am the Cooking Mom volunteer at Heath's school tomorrow. Making fruit smoothies with a group of three year olds. Heath is actually very excited that I will be there. When we were at the HT buying all the makings, he explained what we would be doing to the cashier.

That's for smoothies for my class, he said, handing the guy a container of Vanilla yogurt.

Those are strawberries. For smoothies. Those are bananas. For smoothies. Smoothies for my mom and my class. We're making smoothies.

Poor cashier. He wasn't so skilled in feigning enthusiasm for three year old conversation, or our smoothies. I wanted to tell him, If you'll just give him a quick acknowledgement, you won't have to hear the word "smoothie" come out of his mouth again.




1 comment:

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages