Saturday, January 2, 2010

How are you on your bedding?

My husband is a funny bird. His enthusiasm crops up in the most unlikely places. Seeing a hawk in a backyard makes him squeal like a little girl. A man doing 100 push-ups in one minute and twenty-five seconds. "I challenge you to find anyone who can beat that?!" When I originally mentioned that we could use a new bedspread, it was pretty much met with silence. Maybe a half-hearted, Mm-hmm, was about all he mustered.

New Year's Day, during our morning 3.6 mile baby jog, I told him we should go to Dillard's and check out their comforters. I figured they might have some decent post-Christmas sales, not to mention the fact that I had exchanged some exercise clothes I'd gotten for Christmas and had $17.00 on a gift card. I thought he could keep an eye on the kids and I could make a quick, but well thought-out decision. And hopefully, he wouldn't do too much heavy sighing and wondering how long we were going to be there.

I immediately found a few comforters with the chocolate brown and blue I like, and was even more pleased to find that they were marked down an additional 50% off. I took a moment to look around and take stock of where my husband and children are, here comes a man, barreling through the store with an arm load of comforters. I can't even see his face, I just recognize the running shoes. He drops a lovely espresso duvet that's blocking his face and says, Do you realize what is happening here? I mean, they are already marked down, but then you take an additional 50% off. We should get one for the bedroom downstairs. Do you think your parents need one? Should we call them? We could get some and give them as presents next year.

I was glad to see he was excited, but we don't need three new comforters.

Look at this. Don't you see? It's $80. Then 50% off of that. That's $40.

I managed to get us out of there with the one comforter we needed. I did, however, let him talk me into some new sheets, and I am so glad he did. They are delightfully soft. (And only $25. Originally $70.)

His excitement hasn't died down, though. He's letting everyone know about the amazing deal at Dillard's. Everyone he's talked to on the phone, or seen in person has received the same question today. How are you on your bedding?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Andee! I know you probably don't want me commenting on your sweet little blog you got going here, but I am cracking up! We just went through the same scenario a few weeks back. (Also DSCBB -- Desperately Seeking Chocolate/Blue Bedding.) We found ours at the Maxx. Xtra Xtra Savings! Teeheehee! Marko and Sheabird are two peas in a pod, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages