Monday, January 11, 2010

Tidbits du Jour

When I picked up Heath from school today he was unusually forthcoming with what had happened while he was there.

We cooked eggs. I ran with the bad guys. So and so cried. So and so was angry. So and so was angry and wouldn't play with me. I built a downtown, then knocked it down.

I pressed him for details. Were the eggs scrambled? Were you a bad guy? Why did they cry? Why were they angry? Were you sad that they wouldn't play with you? How many buildings were in your downtown?

Silence. Then, I didn't finish my ham rolls. I'll eat them now. And he unzipped his Fire Truck lunch box and dug into rolled up deli meat.

I guess I should be grateful for the tidbits of information he gives, when he gives them.

Stella really got brave with her walking today. Many, many unassisted steps were taken. Even Heath was impressed. Look, mom! She's not holding anything!

Darn that Six Feet Under we're getting from Netflix. I have to go watch it now. Mark just asked if Heath has messed with the thermostat. Probably. He messes with everything.

It's on 67, he said.

Oh, I did that. Like Jimmy Carter said.

Well, I just put it back on 70, like Ronald Reagan.







1 comment:

  1. I had similar tales from Sam today. All was not hunky dory in the playground today it seems. Sam was very out of sorts when I picked him up and he said that he did not like his friends today! I'm guessing he may have been the angry one! It's nerve wracking, but certainly interesting to get glimpses into the kids building their first fledging relationships based on their own likes, good and bad. Certainly different from when we could just take them to a playdate and assume all would be well! Also, I never hear about any of the girls at preschool. At least through the accounts I get, the boys run with the boys.

    Judging by Sam's attitude when he got home this afternoon I think I'm glad that I'm going to be parent helper tomorrow!

    I did find out that they made green eggs, but no ham, in cooking.

    Sam did not play with diggers, he raked leaves instead. He muttered something about acorns too, and when I unpacked his lunch box I found a large bean lurking in there. I forget the name but one of the ones you'd try to grow in class using a toilet roll insert, some tissue and a jam jar. It made me jump because it fell out and I thought it was some sort of gross insect!

    Sam's lunch was completely untouched. I was up at gone midnight hard boiling that egg for eggs amazed sandwiches! Little stinker.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages