Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Corn that Nearly Wasn't

I opted to not run today. That's how not right I feel.

Mark took Heath and Stella out for a long run this morning. I decided to hang back and drink coffee in silence. Guilt got the best of me, so I did a little laundry. Then the sun started to shine a bit brighter. I dressed for a run. Laid back down on the bed. Changed my mind about the run. Dressed for not running.

Fortunately some friends invited us over for a 5 o'clock cookout. The kids had a great time running around their backyard, kicking a soccer ball, trying to figure out how to play croquet. For Stella that mostly consisted of wandering around holding a mallet in one hand and a ball in the other.

We ate one of my favorite meals: veggie burger, salad, baked beans, and corn on the cob. Well, cooking the corn on the cob was very nearly forgotten by our friend. Let's just call him Piggy. Because that's his name.

My new obsession: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Just wish it would give me some much needed energy. I need some. And I need it fast. Thank goodness for Monday Memorial Day. I'm not ready to go it alone just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages