Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Smother's Day

This will be a quickie. A favorite (embarrassingly) guilty-pleasure 80's romantic comedy is on and I need to go watch it. Baby Boom. Sam Shephard. Diane Keaton driving a Jeep Wagoneer in Vermont. Bennington College shots. Cute baby. I had you at Sam, didn't I?

Happy Smother's Day. This was the first (coached, I am sure) thing out of Heath's mouth this morning. And it was a lovely day. A little chilly breeze to a beautiful sunshine. Great morning run. Another guilty-pleasure: pancake brunch at the Pancake House with my mom, dad and grandma. A who-am-I-what-day-is-it-did-I-sleep-through-the-night kind of nap. Playtime at the park and dinner with Goma.

My absolute favorite part of the day was riding in the back of the car in between two car seats (Goma sat up front with her dear boy, Mark) and getting lots of (uncoached) deeply heartfelt hugs and kisses from my two babies. Heath even wanted to hold hands with me and Stella kept rubbing my arm. Too, too sweet.

Now, back to my movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages