Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend Musings

Our morning run was pretty steamy despite our 8:30 start. I cut it short at 3 miles and headed home, leaving Mark with the baby jogger full of kiddies to continue on his run. Grandfather Mountain marathon is in 6 weeks (?), so Mark is officially training.

I opted to run back to the house, shower (quickly, but undisturbed), and make my way out for a self-indulgent meandering of a morning. My forehead caterpillars were shaped, I found some wonderful books for birthday celebrations tomorrow (when I asked Heath what he thought the birthday girls would like, without hesitation, he answered, They like princesses.), and unhurriedly grabbed a few things at the ole Earth Fare before heading back home.

When I returned, Mark was elbow deep in moving our garden boxes from one spot in the backyard to another. After taking a look at my mom's bountiful growth of lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, and who knows what else, my suspicions were confirmed. Something wasn't right with ours. Water, planting depth, love, attention, all those seemed to covered. Sunlight. Not enough sunlight. So they've been moved to a sunnier patch of the yard, and I am hopeful they will like their new home.

Mark and I had a lovely date night, and we were able to discuss the state of our union, while eating yummy sushi and miso soup and Vietnamese Basil Tofu. And now, to complete a great Saturday, we have the series finale of Six Feet Under. How many months did it take us to get through the whole deal? Quite a few.

Trail run attempt tomorrow morning. Good grief, this weekend just might clear my foggy head after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages