Friday, May 21, 2010

Why Run on a Trail if You're Not Going to Get a Little/Lot Dirty?

While I was busy carbing up on whole wheat spaghetti for tomorrow's race, the rain was busy coming down, and I began to wonder/worry if my pasta face-stuffing would be for naught. (Of course, I've certainly been known to carb-up with nary a race in sight, so...) I'm aware of the trail sensitivities, and apparently the Whitewater Center closes them down with relative ease. I could tell that if the race wasn't on tomorrow, there would definitely be some feelings of disappointment.

But in the midst of Stella bath time, I received a shout of good news from Mark in the other room. The race is on rain or shine! I am officially excited. And now it seems the possibility of not only getting dirty, but quite a bit muddy is looking bright. Pasta load-up ready to kick in when it's needed. (Still don't have a water bottle and I refuse to carry a sippy cup, so I do have a little work cut out for me this evening.)

The real trick will be having the clan up and at 'em, out the door, on the road, and river-side for packet pick up before the 8am start time.

Should've slept in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages