Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Showers

I am distracted by two things. Meet the Parents is on. I've seen the movie many times. It isn't the greatest movie, but it has it moments, so I have to stop and watch them when they come along. My attention is also wayward because the "r" key keeps sticking, so I keep having to 'etype wo'ds with 's in them. Someone small in stature is surely to blame.

After a family breakfast of french toast, and an excellent 3 and a half mile run, I headed out to finally, finally, FINALLY take care of my wanton white hair that was slowly, but surely, taking over my entire head. From that moment forward, Mark was pretty much on duty with the kiddies.

When my locks were returned to their natural state of auburn, I made a brief appearance back at home to eat lunch and get ready for my niece's baby shower. I departed again, leaving a napping Stella, a nearly out Heath, and a sleepy, fluttering-eyed daddy.

Great punch, great eats, and great essentials for the mommy-to-be and her guests. I have finally learned my lesson: I am not allowed to play the "measure the baby belly circumference" game anymore. I always seem to over-or-under estimate, then feel like a giant turkey goofball. Think I'll stick to the Word Scrambles. eltotb. bottle. Of course, there were a few that had me stumped. One had the letter "v" in it. I tried very hard to move the letters and make it "vaginal birth," but that seemed odd for a baby shower game. Then I noticed the "k"--receiving blanket.

By the time I arrived back home around 5:30, I found a daddy and two children sitting around the kitchen table, two of the three in hysterical tears, and all three very much on the verge of cracking. I suggested eating out tonight. That was a very, very good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages