Monday, May 10, 2010

Think this Race Calls for a New Running Skirt

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a little trail run could never hurt me. At least not badly. I hope.

I took the plunge and registered for the May 22nd trail race at the Whitewater Center, and I have to say, I am totally exhilarated by the idea. Nervous. My hope is to get out there and do a test run, so to speak. Then have the whole family out there for race day.

Speaking of runs that could hurt someone, Mark has registered for the Grandfather Mountain marathon in July. Time to get crackin' on the training. I would hate to have to drive the Volvo up the mountain to pick him up off the road, DNF (did not finish). Or DOA. Oh my.

Heath, on the other hand, has not only expressed interest in running, but also bike racing. Today while we were at Carolina Bicycle Company, having our BOB front wheel tube replaced, we spent a little time checking out the bikes. Stella picked out a lovely pink Trek with training wheels, complete with pink and green ribboned bows and a lovely white basket. She put on a red and black ladybug helmet, backwards, of course, content to just sit and say, Wow.

Trek was the brand of choice for both kids. Heath's was a lovely purple with yellow flowers. The helmet he chose was not at all for toddlers, and not at all toddler-priced. His was some $140 number with black and red lightening bolts. He wanted to scoot around a bit, but still very cautious about the pedaling.

Don't worry, I found one for myself. An Electra Cruiser. Blanc et Noir. The handlebar bell sounds like it belongs on a door. So lovely. Add a basket and a kid trailer and it would be perfect for my dream life of never having to drive a car. Ever.

But I don't see that happening here in the QC. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages