Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hit the Road...or Trails? Hmmm...

Awake until 2am. No nap for Heath this afternoon. Mark home late this evening after a daytrip to Hotlanta. My bed is full of rice cake bits (and I'm not the one who was doing the snacking). Tired. So very tired.

But not so tired that I can't get online and do some activity contemplation. I am interested in signing up for a 5 or 10K. The Twilight is coming up this Friday evening, but that is seeming out of the question. So I am trying to decide if I should dare try a little trail running race. Crazy, I know.

A friend, and someone I would consider a reliable in source in things that are really, really good, swears by it. But grace, in terms of having steady footing, is not something I possess. I'm a terrible dancer. Unless I'm in child's pose or downward-facing dog, yoga is giant trip-up of a mess. And I hold on for dear life when I've had to suffer through a run on a treadmill. So...do I take off traipsing over the river and through the woods? What if I fall down? Twist my ankle? That might hurt, right? And we all know, the Ropko house doesn't need a mama down.

But I am curious. And when I'm out running the roads, and we all know I do love running those roads, sometimes as I breath in the exhaust pipe fumes and try to think my thoughts over the sounds of traffic, I wonder, maybe there's a fresh way to do this.

In the meantime, I look forward to running the roads tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages