Friday, May 7, 2010

Girls (a Mama, two kiddies, and a Daddy) on the Run

It seems that Heath has inherited his dad's propensity to be deeply affected by allergens populating the season. A hacking cough has been seizing him for days, coinciding with the free-flowing cottonwood floating through the air. At 5am I heard the poor little guy, sure that he was going to be up for the day, completely unrested, and completely agitated. Again. And I was feeling less than prepared for an early morning rising due to the fact that I had put in a late night of watching Friends and reading blogs about Unschooling and "barefoot" running.

Fortunately, he fell back asleep. Unfortunately, I did not. I watched the news. I puttered around online. And at 6:30, just as I was ready to catch what I hoped would be at least another hour of zzz's, our dear Stella began her Mama chant.

The early morning internet fiddling around wasn't a complete waste of time. I managed to stumble across a Girls on the Run 5k being held tomorrow morning. After a small amount of deliberation, Mark and I decided to head to Run for Your Life this evening and register ourselves and our baby joggin' kiddies. Should be a great way to begin our Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages