Friday, May 28, 2010

Hooray for Memorial Day Weekend

A three day weekend could not have come along at a better time. I am totally tapped and very much in need of recharge time, and reinforcements from my partner in the parental unit. Mark picked up a movie from the local HT Redbox. I don't know what it is. Don't even care, so long as it doesn't have anything to do with toddlers and preschoolers.

Typical Friday. The day was descending into an out of control downward spiral at the crack of 8am. It started innocently enough with a 4 foot long fire truck puzzle assembly project. Then a piece didn't fit the way someone wanted it to as quickly as this particular person wanted it to fit, so the world was coming to an end. And after a week of the world coming to an end over similar events, I found myself needing to find my breath. Crisis nearly averted, a piece of the puzzle, the front tire to be exact, went missing. Turns out it wasn't missing. It had been carried to another room by a runaway sister. Needless to say, quiet puzzle time ended with, count them, three people in tears.

I find when it's at this level of emotional dysfunction before 8:30, the only thing that can be done to start anew is to get the heck out of the house. So still in our pajamas, we set out to do some backyard bushwhacking. When all was realigned, we went out for a refreshing, pre-heat of the day run.

I'd like to say all was well from that point forward. The best I can say is the dial was set to survival mode until Mark came home. And survive, we did.

Mark just came in from putting Heath to bed. Apparently Heath's last words were, Tell Mama to have sweet dreams.

I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages