Monday, March 8, 2010

Bye-Bye, Winter. I Will Not Miss You One Bit.

Heath woke up at 7:15 this morning, sorely disappointed that it was Monday again, which means Mark was back at work. He stayed in his bed a little while longer, whimpering, I miss Daddy. I miss Daddy.

No preschool today. Some sort of teacher workday. At 7:30, sipping on coffee, sitting on our bed with Heath and Stella watching Curious George, still in our pajamas, I didn't mind so much that we didn't have any particular place to be, at any particular time.

At 8:30, Heath is taking Stella's blanket repeatedly, grabbing any toy she had the audacity to play with, and finally, giving her head a nice shove into the kitchen floor tiles, I was deeply saddened that there was no school today.

Fortunately for us, we'd made plans to meet a couple of playmates at the park in the afternoon. My mantra was, Just make it to 3:30, all morning long. And the sun quickly warmed the air, so I managed to get us into the backyard to play until lunch. Then persuaded early naps to make our park date.

70 and sunny at last, so of course the park was packed. Heath ran like a wild man with trucks and truck-loving friends. Stella did her share of dissatisfied whining, because I was a fun-squashing mom. No, you can't jump off that play structure ledge that's four feet off the ground by yourself. No, you can't pull on the dog's tail that seems to be mysteriously without an owner anywhere in sight.

No run today, though. I thought I had managed to come away from my race completely unscathed, but this morning I felt a not-so-good pain in my right foot. Good news is, after some good stretching, it feels much better this evening.

Good thing, too. 70s again tomorrow. Won't be able to stay run-free on another day like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages