Monday, March 29, 2010

I Made Homemade Pizza, So...That Counts for Something, Doesn't It?

If I had to use one word to describe this day it would be inefficient. It wasn't all my fault, although most of it was due to my mush brain and lack of energy.

After I dropped Heath off at school, Stella and I headed off to Trader Joe's, hopeful to get a lot crossed off my "get ready for the beach" list. It was my intention to get the groceries we need to make it through the week, and load up on beach essentials: cereal, chips, salsa, rice milk (not sure if one can find rice milk in HB and one would be a very unhappy vacationer if one did not have rice milk for morning cereal), creamy salted peanut butter, rice noodles. TJ's shelves were barren of many of these items. I left with the few things they did have that were on my list, but mostly, I left feeling somewhat deflated, knowing I would have to return later in the week with two kiddies.

I returned home with the intention of taking Stella for a spin in the baby jogger before heading back to pick up Heath, and throwing a load of laundry in while I was at it. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but Stella and I ended up building a pretty twisty train track and raced Percy and James for a while, ate an extraordinary number of mandarin oranges, and read What Makes Elmo Happy? an even more extraordinary number of times. I did not run, and not a stitch of clothing got washed today.

After naps (all three of us indulged), we talked about running and going to the park, but somehow we ended up racing cars on a Hot Wheels track, then looked through photo albums that included our wedding and honeymoon pictures. Heath said we looked like singers. (When he sees people in formal wear, he says they look like singers.) I took it as a compliment. We did look incredibly well-rested and tan. Glowy, even.

Then he said, When I was Daddy's age, I got married in the Target Race car.

Now that's romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Writing Tutor and Creative Writing Workshops: All ages